Wednesday, October 30, 2013

Quick Note - pcDuino - Changing mali_debug_level

Create a conf file for mali in /etc/modprobe.d with one line in it.

cat > /etc/modprobe.d/mali.conf
options mali mali_debug_level=2
^D

I had recently run into an issue where the rsyslogd process was chewing up about 75% of the CPU when I was using the mali driver for GLES2 support. I found out that the mali_debug_level was set to 10. As a result there was a significant amount of messages being generated by the driver. I changed the mali-debug_level to 2 and the high utilization and the messages went away.

I believe this will still get you critical and error messages.

Related commands:

  • To list settable options for a module use: modinfo <module>
  • If module isn’t loaded you can do modprobe <module> [<parameter>=<value>]
  • To determine active value look in /sys/module/<module>/parameters

No comments: